Thursday, January 20, 2011

Album Cover

I have designed an album cover as part of a college assignment. The band i chose to do my piece for was Biffy Cylro and the song I chose for the piece was there song mountain. I went for the theme of power and looked to the animal kingdom for inspiration. I originally went for a simplistic feel to the cover sketching then photoshopping simple sketches. Like so:








However after looking at my piers work for this project I decided to rethink my stradegy and started to sketch again:


After a simplistic sketch I began to work on the laptop until I finally produced the final artwork. Using a combination of paint and photoshop.

Finally the rest fell into place as i transferred the original sketches I did for the first attempt into the inside of the album and so the album was complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment